Wednesday, November 30, 2011

First Day Back At Work

Tuesday was my first day back at work. I had moments where I felt like I had maybe been gone a day and others where I felt so out of the loop. One thing is constant-always more work than a person can do in a day. As I stated multiple times about how I was going to set boundaries; I found myself eating lunch at my desk and working 10 straight hours. I did get someone to cover the night class I was supposed to monitor. A 12 hour day on my first day back is ridiculous. I did put my foot down on that.

Mason and I were up early this morning so this whole drinking coffee thing might become part of my new morning routine. I am debating on a hot cup of Joe or a nice hot cup of tea. Either way, it appears my trip into the home office consists of me carrying a giant water bottle, something hot to drink and my mid-morning snack. I need to find a way to squeeze in some exercise during the day and also figure out the laundry/chore schedule. Last night I found myself doing laundry because Mason soaked through 5 bibs at school yesterday. (some days he is a clean eater, others, not so much)

Time to shower and get ready for another work day. I have some training to complete, my annual appraisal, and some HR/Payroll business to take care of. I don't think they will be completed today as I have meetings starting at 9 and running through most of the day plus real work to do. Like I said, always more work than time.

1 Comments:

At 12:13 PM , Blogger Jess said...

At least you don't have the commute (most days) on top of those long hours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home