Friday, December 16, 2011

Tis the Season...for Sickness

This week the Froyd household was touched by the holiday bug and I don't mean Christmas cheer. Mason has been struggling with a head cold (it's so sad to see a baby with a stuffy nose). The good thing is he has remained fever free and for the most part, is keeping up with his normal intake of formula and sleeping mostly through the night. He wakes up a couple times but mainly coughs and talks himself back to sleep. It was just the first two nights that required us to get up and perform nose maintenance.

Miller on the other hand got slapped with a 102 fever and head cold. He stayed home from school with me on Wednesday. His one eye turned bright red and didn't appear to have pink eye like symptoms but we decided to call the pediatrician Thursday to make sure. Both the nurse and daycare didn't think it was pink eye but the doctor said it was and I guess I am not going to argue with that. Miller was sent home with eye drops but the daycare ladies let him make a quick stop at school to share his holiday tradition with the class and run off some steam. Ryan stayed home with him so I could work in peace. (Wed he was a sick angel, Thursday, the fever had broke for the most part and he had energy to burn.)

Side note: the new daycare manager said Miller could go back to school today since he technically had been fever free over the period of time they require and since he started his drops early yesterday. Ryan and I were shocked. The last daycare manager would have made a huge stink and not let us bring him back until Monday. It's nice when the center manager is a working parent with a kid not much older than Miller.

Finally, it's my turn. I have had a low grade fever all week. I have a stuffy nose but not a full blown cold. I would like to keep it this way! I worked like a crazy person Monday through Wednesday and yesterday worked what I would call a normal day. I had already taken today off to burn some PTO. Instead of tackling my long list of chores; I am going to do what normal people do. I am going to go back to bed and then plunk myself on the couch and catch up on some tv. I migth even take a nap this afternoon.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM , Blogger Jess said...

That's nice they let Miller return to school today. Keeping them at home is tough.

The sickness has been making an appearance here as well. Caleb was up quite a few times last night.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Enjoy your sick day. A few weeks back I had the pukeys in the morning so Rylee stayed at my Mom's all day. I laid on the couch and got my Darcy fix by watching "Pride and Prejudice" and then "Bridjet Jones Diary." It was actually quite nice. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home