Sunday, November 27, 2011

Long Long Weekend

Our long weekend was, well, rather long. We kicked off the festivities with the Turkey Trot 5K Thursday morning. By we, I mean our friend Andy who was visiting ran along with Jess. The rest of us watched, cheered, and then had donuts to celebrate their hard work. The kids enjoyed the early morning fresh air so a nap was had before we headed off to Thanksgiving dinner at the Polich's.The kids were really good on Thanksgiving, the food was fantastic, and everyone had a good time.

Friday we hung out at home and had some friends over for pool time. I didn't get in the pool but the boys and Rylee did.

Saturday we headed to the beach to play in the sand. It was so windy, we could barely stand up much less throw a football. Miller had fun and we wore him out. Mason liked the wind on his toes too. We walked down to Beach Place for our annual post-Thanksgiving lunch at Hooters. I spilled a beer down my lap within seconds of sitting down. Luckily it was windy out and dried me off be the time we had to walk back to the truck.

We ended Saturday with a mini-shrimp boil. Yum, yum! The kids were wild and I think their goodness was wearing thin.

Today we ventured out to have the kids' pictures taken. I misread the directions and took the wrong road. We figured out we were almost a half hour north of where we needed to be 10 minutes before our scheduled time. We called and arrived 20 minutes late. They accomodated us and let us squeeze in but Mason was being a fussy pants. So, back to the waiting area we went, had a bottle, sat for what seemed like an eternity and gave it another try. That time we were successful. Then we had to wait for more than an eternity to look at the pictures and then order them. It took forever to get to be our turn and I blame it on the people ahead of us who took over a half hour to pick out their photos! My goodness, it's not that hard. I had mine looked over, the number of prints and sizes figured out and done in under 10 minutes (and that included having to wait for the lady to come back and take my order and have her re-enter it twice because she forgot to save it). This took up our entire day. We left at 10am and didn't get home until 3:15pm. UGH! Not how we planned on spending our Sunday.

Tomorrow is my last day at home. I have to make a trip to the eye doctor. Other than that, I had planned on putting up the tree but that might have to wait until the weekend. We will see how ambitious Ryan is regarding "finding" the tree in the garage and getting it down (and if I really want to start decorating it).

4 Comments:

At 7:59 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry to hear the picture taking was such an ordeal, but I bet you got some good pics to make it worth it!

Thanks for letting us hang out at your place this weekend. Much fun was had!

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Jess said...

It was a fun weekend! Bet your livers are happy it's over though, right? :)

 
At 6:50 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Yes, my liver is happy and so is my sleep deprived body. I was in bed by 9:02 last night. Ryan came in at 9:15 and I was sound asleep.

The pictures did turn out fantastic and was worth it in that respect. I can't blame anyone too much since I botched our appointment time which threw not only the picture place off but the kids' schedule too.

Glad everyone had fun at all the houses this weekend. Rotation = discovering "new" toys at each place.

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home