Friday, September 02, 2011

Not even an accident will get this kid moving

Yesterday started off with every Mom or Dad's dreaded phone call-Miller had an accident at school, come pick him up. Ryan got the call (thank goodness) and called me on his way down to the daycare. Miller fell and hurt his tooth. The description went from almost knocked out, dangling, to very loose in about an hour. Luckily, I had asked the pediatrician for a good kid dentist and had a list in my purse. I called and spoke with a very nice (and calm) receptionist. She assured me it would be ok.

Ryan and Miller called me back after their visit to the dentist. The tooth is loose and in a new position and it may survive, it may not. Either way, he didn't lose it yet and he was ok. The dentist's office sounds like a kids dream. Video games, toys, rocket ship dentist chairs, etc. Ryan said Miller was super brave and did well even when the dentist pushed on his tooth and gums. He of course was happy to get Captain America stickers and a toy motorcycle on his way out.

I instantly felt sick to my stomach when Ryan called. I started crying and worrying even though I knew in my head he would be ok. Then I figured after the hour of waiting to hear from them, the stress might kick start LBF#2's trip to the outside world. Wrong. I drank some caffeine yesterday to shake him up. All that did was make him active in a room built for a 25 week old, not an almost 40 week old.

By the end of the day I am always uncomfortable and he starts moving around. I had hoped some of my discomfort last night was the start of some labor pains. If they were, they were only Braxton Hicks or general discomfort. I woke up feeling the same as every other day. Ugh! I guess the only thing I know for sure at this point is he will be a September baby.

Looks like I will have to work one more day. My brain has checked out and I have a packed day of meetings I am leading. I wish I was just a participant who could go on mute and watch tv on the side. I am ready to be done with work.

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like you are ready for LBF#2 to exit the premise and meet his new family :)

Hopefully he gets ambitious for you guys real soon. We can't wait to meet him!

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sorry to hear about Miller's tooth, but would like the info on that dentist. Any chance they could do my teeth too? It sounds rocking! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home