Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Nameless Post

The past couple weeks my workload has picked up (busy time at work, co-working taking unexpected leave, me trying to prep for leave, etc.). I have pulled some extra long hours the past few days and it needs to stop. Surprisingly, I was awake from 1-4am last night and it wasn't work keeping me up.

I have hit the extremely uncomfortable zone when it comes to sleeping. No position seems to relieve my aches and pains and none feel "relaxing." I played the toss and turn, pillow adjustment game. Then I moved to the couch. Then I walked around. Then I ate a snack. Then I started the process all over again. I know this is just the beginning of more sleepless nights but I keep thinking at least when the baby is born, the only position that usually hurts is related to full boobs. Hopefully my memory is correct and I haven't selectively forgotten all the post birth horrors my body will bring up.

With 5 weeks remaining I am definitely feeling the need to nest but don't have the energy to do it. The baby room is "close" to being done as there are a few things to put up, we need to adjust the crib height and put the new sheets on, I need to get the pump out and see what needs new pieces, find the monitors, etc. I also need to find a home for the bottles. Nothing major but it's all those little things that are weighing on my mind.

Last night I did think about how and who we would bother if I go into labor in the middle of the night. Then I wondered what I would pack for the hospital. Normally the planner in me would have this all worked out but I really feel like procrastinating and it will work itself out. Is that how I will be with everything with child number 2? I have this feeling we survived knowing nothing with Miller, why put so much thought into this. It should come naturally, right?

3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I should proofread better. "co-working" oh my! I am tired.

 
At 12:21 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Feel free to bother us in the middle of the night. I'll probably be up anyway :)

I over-packed my hospital bag with Norah and with Caleb. You really just want the camera, toiletries and a change of clothes for yourself. The rest, Ryan can bring.

The body is certainly more comfortable post-baby (well...after that first week of soreness passes, anyway), and it is glorious to sleep on your back, etc. but for me, I know I got way more sleep preggo than once either baby was born.

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I hope it wasn't Jon's chili keeping you up. ha ha

Can't wait to see you-

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home