Saturday, August 27, 2011

On Target

My lack of desire to shop at Target had me thinking I must be in a funk. I used to spend an hour there easily and come home happy. As of lately, I have not been happy with the Target stores around our new house. They had poor selection and normal items were hit and miss (meaning, usually out of stock when I needed them most).

There must have been a changing of the tides. I went and spent almost 1.5 hours there (by myself-heavenly) waddling around and filling up my cart. I bought cleaning products, scented oils, yard decorations, big boy shampoo/body wash for Miller, a few surprises for him when LBF#2 arrives, debated on a few other things and waited to purchase them at a later time.

It's probably my last attempt at nesting-I stocked up on toilet paper, toothpaste, other cleaning products...yeah, because no one can make the 5 minute trip to Publix if we were to run out. Roll your eyes, I am.

In addition, I feel like this baby isn't coming anytime soon. So, my dreams have switched from baby stuff to putting on human clothes again. The fall magazines are arriving fast and furious. It's hard to look at them when it's 98 degrees out and I am as big as Shamu but it has me longing for a massive shopping spree in the near future. I can't wait to basically do a complete overhaul in my closet. I took an inventory and made up my mind almost all of it will go. I have held off on buying myself massive quantities of new clothes knowing I was fat, knowing I was going to get pregnant, and now, being pregnant. It was also a tell tale sign when a favorite pair of shoes disintegrated from their soles last week.

The dreams of real clothes might also have to do with the fact I haven't looked down and seen my feet in months. I have to use a chair to reach anything higher than the bottom shelf in the kitchen because my tummy gets in the way (now I know what short people feel like). I do the dishes with it lugged up on the counter so I can reach the faucet. I completely soaked myself washing my face last night because bending over and clearning the sink were not achievable. It's time little guy. It's time.

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Jess said...

An hour and half solo in Target would definitley be heavenly!

Right before Caleb was born, we did the same stock up: It's almost like shopping before a hurricane. You feel like no one will be able to ever leave the house again to fetch stuff.

I too would love to purge and replensih my closet, but I'm waiting for to drop the "last few" preggo pounds. I think that's gonna take awhile...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home