Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend Update

I have been busy at work and it's about to get busier so I haven't had a chance to post much. In addition to a busy time of the year and me trying to get some extra stuff done before I take leave; a co-worker had an unexpected death in the family that is taking him out of commission for a couple weeks. Yes, I said a couple weeks. Not the best timing for a number of reasons but what can you do?

Last week I felt pretty run down again. I have been following the doctor's orders but I think it's just the way things will be from here on out. So, yesterday, I put my big girl panties on and went with Miller to a birthday party at another bounce house establishment. Ryan had to work in the morning and met us there. Thank goodness! The bounce houses were much bigger and had very fast slides. The kids had a blast and the husbands appeared to as well since they were taking the slides with the kids.

After that, I head to Kohl's to burn some free money. I went with intentions of buying LBF#2 some stuff but after agonizing over things that I didn't really love and didn't really need, I bought myself a pair of shoes (which I did need since I can't wear my heels to work any longer-they are killing me). I did buy the little guy two onesies and Miller a fire engine sweatshirt for this fall. It's adorable and super fuzzy.

I put in a little more time organizing the baby room. It's almost complete (maybe one more weekend's worth of last minute stuff-organizing the closet, raising and making the bed, plugging in lamps, etc.). The clothes have all been washed. I am thinking I will skip washing the blankets. They were clean when I packed them away and honestly, I just don't care at this point.

Today I felt a little better and got up and started some chores. Lots of laundry, a little pool time with the boys (Jon, Pete, Ryan and Miller), a little work to calm myself down for the week ahead, a trip to Babies R Us and Target to get some more baby stuff on my list and then dinner at Jon's.

I was not happy with my shopping experience and think it's just the stores I was at. They aren't the best of the best for organization, selection, or help so I did what I needed and called it good enough. The main reason was to burn through the gift cards and get some final items before the baby arrives.

I think I have more than outdone myself for feeling like someone who's been sick with the flu for weeks on end. Time for some couch lounging. I would like to read but even that seems like a lot of work. Maybe I will find a trashy marathon of reality tv to numb myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home