Wednesday, August 24, 2011

More Pictures

Here's another random post with updates and pictures.

First, the baby room. It needs some window treatments and wall art but for now, I don't think the little guy will mind what it looks like.



Miller and Norah at Monster Jam. I didn't make it this year but I am sure I will be there next year.



Miller floating in the pool. Not sure why he's in the baby float but he was having fun.



And a general update on pregnancy. I had my 38 week checkup this week and there is zero progress. He's head down (but has been since my trip to the ER) so that didn't surprise me. I had asked about the hurricane that was coming (my appt was on Monday when the hype of Irene was ramping up). The doctor told me I wouldn't need to camp out. Amen!

I figure this will be my last week going into the office. By the end of the day I am exhausted and the extra time spent driving to and from work is much better spent in bed or with my feet up on the couch. Plus, I really can't handle any more random comments by complete strangers telling me I am huge and that they can't believe it's ALL out in front. I wish the skinny everywhere else comments made up for it but it just makes me feel even more freakish. Plus, the general fear of my water breaking at work has set in. I know it's not a big deal, I have a towel in my car and a sweater at my desk but having to ask someone to fetch it for me or drive me home just seems like unnecessary stress right now.

I did go back and read a post from when I was in the home stretch with Miller. I was technically 11 days out from my due date (today I am 13) and my symptoms are the same. Tired, swollen feet by the end of the day, ready to be done. Considering Miller came a week early, I may have a baby next week. I am not banking on it since this one seems to be more stubborn but one can hope.

My nesting is pretty much done. I only want the actual house cleaned up and I am not going to sweep, mop, or vacuum. Ryan will have to do it to please me. Otherwise, it appears everything is in order as much as it is going to be. *I found it ironic I cleaned the pantry last time and I did the same thing this time.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

The room looks great. Rylee gave it her stamp of approval. Then she asked to see a picture of the baby... so get on it already! :)

Hang in there!

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Jess said...

The baby room looks great!

My SIL, who was due Aug 31, just had her baby yesterday -- exactly a week early. Hope you have the same luck! A week early is perfect timing, in my opinion.

Good call on making this the last week in the office!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home