Thursday, August 11, 2011

10 Years of Wedded Bliss

Happy Anniversary to Ryan and I. We hit the big 10 year mark today. Pretty amazing for a couple who met each other in the fall by accident (my friend had a crush on his roommate). We went to a party at their house, then a concert at BSU (at least that's what my memory thinks), and back to their house for a little more partying. Ryan and I instantly hit it off with our love of great 80's hair bands.

After that, we had a "date" where I met him at a football game. I showed up wearing the same thing he was. From that point forward, he would make an appearance on Wednesday (or was it Thursday?) nights at F4L when I was working and he was on his way to the bar. Someone in the gang always had to pick up something. What a sly boy.

A few months later he graduated and moved to FL. We continued to date long distance. Whoever thought we would make it? In the summer I moved down to FL in hopes of an internship. That fell through and soon I was back in MN finishing school. We kept dating; thank goodness for email back in the day. Imagine how sweet it would have been with instant messaging, text messaging, skype, etc.!

An engagement occured in the Keys on one of the many back and forth trips. Before you know it, my father played some cards and both the winner and loser got what they wanted. I got to marry Ryan and my father no longer had to take care of me. I was moving out!

Our wedding day was perfect. The weather cooperated, the ceremony was short, the celebration was fun and filled with friends and family. We loaded up the Bonnie a few days later and off to FL I went.



We have survived apartment living, purchasing our first house (and now second), many home improvement projects, adopting pets (and losing some fish and Peggy), vacations, family events and holidays, hurricanes, and the birth of Miller (and soon LBF#2).

Looks like Ryan is really stuck with me. I am one lucky girl. He's the best and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring.

4 Comments:

At 1:29 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Aww, congrats on 10 years! That's a major marital milestone.

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

this post was so sweet I went into diabetic shock.

 
At 10:10 PM , Anonymous Bridget said...

Ahh, how sweet! So glad I was able to help you two meet back in the day! Miss you guys like crazy!

 
At 7:46 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Congrats on the milestone! And I think it was Thursday nights because I remember those F4L drop ins. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home