Tuesday, August 09, 2011

36 Week Check-in

I had my 36 week check in yesterday. All was good. My BP was back up to 108/60 and I gained a pound finally. I am measuring 36.5 weeks which is on track. I commented on my stretch marks that look like I got in a fight with a cat; not just any cat, Jazzy cat. The doctor bless her soul tried to be kind even though I brought it up. I said it's a good thing I am not a bikini wearer anymore and she said "they could fade..." Yeah, not holding my breath for that one.

LBF#2 loves my left side and it's sore to the touch in the rib area. She agreed he's way over there and said the bruising/tenderness is normal. So my theory that the little bugger has been kicking and punching me to the point I am bruising is true!

I asked about a few symptoms I have been having and she assured me they are normal. If they are pre-term labor (darn the internet and being able to google things) she said they wouldn't stop me from delivering. Part of me had a silent jump for joy and part of me thought that wasn't very reassuring. I don't want a premature baby.

After my appointment I skipped stopping for a snack or beverage as a reward for being a good patient and headed to Walgreen's. I had a few items to pick up. I stumbled down the makeup isle and decided to give Maybelline Great Lash mascara a try. I am out of my normal stuff and the MGL is always ranked number one in the magazines for a bargain mascara. We will see how much I like it. I also picked up some new blush (which they changed the colors from the last time I bought it and that annoys me. I have no idea if it's the right color or if I will like it). I wish they would do a "formerly color abc" on the label. Guess I don't buy it frequent enough. They probably changed it over a year ago.

Time to think about getting ready for work. I skipped going back to bed hoping I would get in a little earlier than normal. I have a busy day ahead.

3 Comments:

At 12:39 PM , Blogger Jess said...

If he were born now, he wouldn't be "premature"; I'm pretty sure 36 weeks is "full term." He'd just be a few weeks early, which is fine. All they do in those last few weeks is gain weight. Development is all done.

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

You're in the homestretch now!

 
At 9:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a race to the finish! I'm aiming for Aug 20 cause my parents are available that week to come out and help. Good luck and may you have a speedy and glamorous delivery :) SQKR

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home