Monday, July 18, 2011

Surprise Visitors and a Baby Shower

I got home from work Thursday night to find two surprise visitors in our house. My mother in law and Ryan's grandmother flew down to FL from MN for the baby shower. It was a great surprise. They said it would be fun to do, found a deal on tickets, and worked out the details with Ryan and Jess. Very sneaky!

It was great to have them here and especially for Miller to get to spend more time with his grandmother and great grandmother. Then to top his weekend off, my mom and dad came down. Too bad grandpa Marshall wasn't here or the whole "grand family" would have been together.

Saturday we did a little shopping, had a good lunch, took a nap and then headed to the shower. Jess had a nice spread of goodies for us to eat, festive decorations, and no games (yay!). It's amazing she was able to organize the party while juggling two munchkins.

Many of my friends were able to come. It was a nice afternoon of adult conversation, laughs, and of course, great loot. LBF#2 won't be any less spoiled than Miller with friends like these. Thank you to all who sent gifts and well wishes. We really appreciate them.

Jess raised a good point/observation. At my last shower, half the ladies needed to call for a ride home. This time around, we drank all the sparkling cider and hardly any wine. We must be getting older (or wiser). I, on the other hand, figure that when these friends start breeding, I will be the drunk aunt at their shower. Maybe...

I think this is one of very few preggo pictures of me. I figured I better document this in at least one blog post.


Thanks again for the great surprise visit and the shower. It was a very good weekend and helped take my mind off of Tuesday's ER trip. As an update to that...drinking 110+ ounces of water every day is not fun. It's helping a little but I really wish my iron would produce some more hemoglobin and that added benefit would kick in. Until then; I just keep repeating "only 7 more weeks!"

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM , Blogger Jess said...

It was nice that they were able to fly down! Glad you enjoyed the shower!

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

You look great! I can't wait to see you, the new nursery and all the other goodies for LBF 2. Again, sorry we missed the fun.

 
At 8:10 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

It was a good time and fun to relax and talk about lots and lots of food and other goodies :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home