Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

Ryan was at the racetrack all weekend so I had a Miller filled weekend. We watched Indian Jones and the Crystal Skull (Miller's new favorite movie). We got some play time in (fire trucks, play doh, books, tractors, monster trucks, you name it).

Saturday we made a trip to Rack Room Shoes. Miller got two new pairs of tennis shoes. One was a Lightening McQueen pair and the other was a Toy Story pair. He's going to be sad when he realizes the next size up doesn't come in blinky lights anymore. I really wished he would have gotten some cool Sketchers or Nikes until I looked at the price. At the rate he goes through shoes, I will stick with the Disney boy shoes.

We wasted some time at the fish store looking at sharks and Dorie. Then we bought Ryan lunch at the track. It was too icky to swim so we hung out the rest of the afternoon indoors. The humidity was killing me.

Sunday we ended up at Target for some bathroom supplies and boring stuff. For those that don't know; a week or two ago Ryan bought new socks. This is monumental in our house because I am always complaining about his disgusting socks that won't come clean or have holes in them. Well this time, he bought black ones. They are fine under his jeans and in his black tennis shoes but look silly with his shorts and other shoes. Miller thought they were funny too and has been giving him a hard time. At Target today, I asked if he wanted new socks like Daddy. He instantly said no, he didn't want silly black socks!

We picked up some lunch and brought it to the track again. It was brutal outside so we headed home quickly. Miller took a good nap and then Ryan came home for some pool time. It felt great to float and the humidity today was much lower. I was able to actually breathe.

Miller was happy to have his dad home. I have been pretty much an afterthought since Ryan walked in the door. I am ok with that today. 2 full days of a kid who wants me to crawl on the floor with him and push cars, trucks, tractors, etc. is too much at this stage in the game. It was much more pleasurable sitting at the table playing. I think LBF#2 was happy for me to chill out this afternoon too. He's sick of being squished.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like a fun (but hot) weekend. :)

I keep forgetting to email to let you (and Jess) know that my mom and I feel very bad that we will be missing your shower. We will definitely get together with you when we get back. I hope you have a great time (and gets lots of cute gifts!). :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home