Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Our 4th of July Weekend

We had a fairly productive weekend considering the rain and thunderstorms. Saturday, Ryan was a work-aholic on the yard. What started out as "I am going to mow the backyard before it rains" turned into mowing both front and back, trimming bushes, and starting to mulch the last section of the yard by the AC unit. Miller was hit and miss that day with tantrums so we figured we had an extra long weekend in store for us.

Sunday was my turn to be productive. I picked up the house, ran some errands, made the food for Monday's party, and got in some play time with friends.

Monday Ryan got about half the baby room painted. Miller and I put together some new Lego's and were lazy. Then we headed to Brian and Crystal's for the 4th celebration. Lots of food, fun, and sun. Miller played in the pool, played with Uncle Jerry and his firework stash, and saw a fire truck (Brian's neighbor is having one restored. The fatal mistake, he put a dummy fireman in it. Scared the bejesus out of Miller; which I had to hear about all night after that.) We didn't make it until dark to watch any real fireworks. I was overly hot and tired and Miller's goodness was about to wear out too. Plus, I knew getting him up for school would be a chore today (it was).

Overall, a nice, uneventful weekend.I don't know why I am so tired. The heat zaps what little energy I have. I could seriously use a nap right now. Do you think anyone would notice if I curled up under my desk at the office?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home