Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Random

Random post today.

Our home computer monitor died this weekend. Now, any normal family would probably wait 2 weeks to get a freebie from their parents when they visit but not us. Ryan researched a little and purchased the day of its death. I think it's because we use it so much (and he's in the middle of converting all of our music over to one format, one copy, one backed up drive). I honestly didn't realize how expensive they were. Mom, if you are reading, I will still take it as a second monitor for work so I can multitask better.

Some people from work went to the Poison/Motley Crue concert last night. I had completely forgotten about it until they posted on FB. I am jealous I didn't get to go but knowing how pregnant I feel, I would have had a tough time standing/dancing in my spot and singing my heart out. This made me think of another random thought.

I have been pregnant for every holiday this year. New Year's, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, more than likely Labor Day unless I go early. I didn't necessarily miss out on any fun but it's weird to think of pregnancy that way.

Ryan painted half of the baby room. It looks pretty good so far. He took the approach of shuffling furniture from one half of the room to the other so we didn't have to take it apart and put it back together again. Works for me. I am just glad he's doing it all. I will have plenty of "organization" work to do once it's ready for me. I am itching to get in there and go through the old clothes, make my list of needs, wash and organize, etc. I didn't think we would need much with number two but I am finding out my list is growing.

I really want to take a vacation. I mean a serious vacation but it's not in the cards for this year. It's bugging me more knowing it's our 10 year anniversary in August. I guess we will have to wait until next year to celebrate big time. This has me thinking about a good gift idea for Ryan which then makes me think about what I want. I wonder if all of these random thoughts and bouncing from topic to topic are hormone related? They seem more random than usual. Maybe it's related to hanging out with Miller. He's pretty random in his train of though too.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM , Blogger Erin said...

PS-Hawaii was a major vacation but I mean one with JUST Ryan and I. No kids, no family, no obligations. We do what we want, when we want. I can tell you now, it will be overseas. The grandparents better start figuring out how they are going to time share the kids.

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Jess said...

I too would like a vacation like that. But it's also not in our cards this year. Kids kinda put a damper on those vacation budgets!

And, since pregnancy takes up 9 out of 12 month of a year, it's no wonder, if you're preggo, you're prego for most holidays! :) But just think of the holidays let this year that you won't be pregnant for: Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas! Veteran's Day...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home