Sunday, June 26, 2011

Miller's First Movie

Saturday we went to Cars 2 with Miller. He was super excited for his first movie experience. We had a quick/early lunch, headed to the theater, got our tickets, got some snacks and headed in. He was bouncing off the walls. Then it started...as in "I have to go potty." I took him during the 20 minute prequel/commercials.
Then when the actual previews started "I have to go poop." (side note, the kid already went at home) Ryan took him. No poop.

Then the movie started. Good, sitting still, not asking why about everything. Oh wait, another potty break.

I think we hit the 45 minute mark or so and then he says "I want to take a nap." We tell him to relax and if he falls asleep that's ok. Then fast forward a few more minutes. "I want to go home."

We replied with a no and told him to wait it out, it was almost over. Ryan contemplated getting up and leaving. I held my ground. We were staying.

There were other kids in similar predicaments and the theater had a low murmur of kids talking and parents whispering to sit still and be quiet. I didn't feel bad because no one in that theater was a single adult that didn't have young children with them. I was a little upset because Miller can sit through a movie at home. It was just bad timing with lunch and nap time mixed with excitement.

When we left, he told us he had fun and wanted to go back. I think it will be a few more months before we try it again. It was about what I expected for the experience. In fact, I was suprised he didn't ask more questions and talk more during the movie.

As for the movie; it was cute. The animation was incredible and I think it will be fun to watch again. We missed a lot talking to Miller and weren't truly focused. It was a little "James Bond-ish" and action like but a very cute and simple story line.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

That's the exact same experience we had when we took Rylee to Tangled except we did give in and leave. :) We're taking Rylee and the cousins to Cars 2 next week sometime so we'll see how she fairs on her second attempt. I'm glad it was good, I loved the first one so much.

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Sheryl said...

One of the theaters we go to has little booster seats for the kids. It makes it much nicer for them sitting in those big chairs. Heck, with the cost of pop corn and the movie I totally get the wait until he can enjoy. We saw Yogi Bear in 3D, Emily didn't wear the glasses 80% of the movie.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home