Monday, April 04, 2011

Baby Shower Success

Sunday I hosted a baby shower for my friend Jess. It was a sprinkle shower for baby #2. It was fun to put a little twist on the traditional baby shower theme.

In usual Erin style, I prepared enough food for 20 people (there were only 7 of us) but we made a decent dent. I forgot to take a picture of the spread (I was pretty impressed with my display of goodies-I got to use some new dishes I received for my birthday and Christmas).

I also forgot to take pictures during the game we played (notice a theme starting because it carries through the gift opening). I had planned on only playing a real game (Catch Phrase) since we hadn't had a game night in ages. A friend from work mentioned a baby game she recently played and it was one I had never participated in. It was all about multitasking with baby #2 (hanging laundry, talking on the phone, holding the baby). It was fun because the real challenge was trying to hold a conversation (and very funny). Leave it to the two friends without kids to multitask at top notch speeds. We may have to try this a few years from now once they have a little one or two under their belts :)

The best part of any shower is watching the gift opening. Jess received a ton of great outfits that are so darn adorable and a few other fun items. We ooohhhed and aaahhhhed over the soft, cute clothes and of course had to touch all the great blankets.

Caleb will definitely be welcomed with a ton of loving "Aunties" who can't wait to meet him. These kids are so spoiled and lucky to have each other (so are their parents).

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM , Blogger Jess said...

You're very right: These are lucky kids!

Thanks again! everything was wonderful!

Norah ate up ALL of the pasta salad I brought home, so I didn't even get any of the leftovers of that!

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

It was a great shower - good food and lots of fun conversation. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home