Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Tulsa Experience

Tulsa Oklahoma....

The flight there: overall uneventful which is the best type of flying I like to do. TSA was hopping at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. I think it's the fastest I have ever been pushed through a line and the lines were long. The terminal was packed too. I made it to Dallas and had to do some deep breathing on the descent. I knew my morning sickness was kicking in and the bumpy landing wasn't helping. Once I landed, I scoped out my next boarding area and made a bee line for the nearest bathroom. I learned that it takes some balance to hold you hand over the little red eye to avoid an auto flush in your face and hold your hair back. I luckily only dry heaved a few times. Now my worry was what was going to happen on my next lag. Luckily, it was a short flight and I was able to hold it in.

The cab ride: hopping in a cab in Tulsa was interesting. The guy was super nice but it was a little eery. I don't think the car made it over 50mph and sounded like it was going to fall apart if we hit a bump. In addition, the steering wheel was turned a full quarter of a turn while driving straight. Oh, and the driver had to open my door because it wouldn't open from the inside. He did give me some historical info about the hotel I was staying at and a little about the town.

The hotel: fantastic. Built in the 1920's and remodeled with a very tasteful respect for the original architecture. My room was huge. The bed was comfy. And...you know I judge a hotel by it's bathroom. This hotel had a fantastic shower with real water pressure and Cottonelle toilet paper! I made it in the room and christened the toilet. I had been holding that in for hours.

The meeting/school: The University of Tulsa had a nice campus and the building we were in was nice. It was weird to be on a "real" campus again. The team we met with was super nice and I am excited to work with them.We made some good progress.

The town: umm...not much to say. The town looks like it is passed it's prime. There was a mix of old, new, and in need of some tender loving care. It felt dead and dirty. We ate at Joe Mamma's pizza last night. It was good but I wasn't feeling like eating. The walk back was a little rough but I toughed it out.

I am killing a little time before I head back to the airport for my flight home. Overall, a good trip but I can't wait until my work trips are morning sickness free. This wipes me out and I think I am getting sick. I have a cough and sore throat. I hope it's just the dry air. I am looking forward to getting back to Ryan and Miller.

3 Comments:

At 11:21 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I know that my doctor said I could take Dramamine when traveling when I was preggo with Norah and we were on the cruise. If you have much flying left to do, you might ask about it; it helps!

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I should ask. I yacked in Memphis today.

 
At 9:51 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

The weirdest cab ride I ever had was in Bemidji - did ya know they had cabs? :)

My driver told me a story about shooting her husband or something. I have since tried to block it out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home