Monday, March 28, 2011

Potty Training Humor

Miller has been stellar with his potty training so I thought it was time to share a few good laughs and memories so far.

  • After a rather large poop he said "I pooped Mom. It looks like a spaceship." (referencing one from Dispicable Me)
  • Decision to stand up. Miller has decided that he can only pee standing up now. Lord knows he's not quite tall enough so he must stand on his stool, hold your hands, and thrust his little wang out over the toilet. He tried this morning without assistance and peed on Blue (not sure why Blue was there...). You would have thought the kid zipped himself in a zipper from the tears that ensued. Having a potty accident is the WORST thing that can happen to a little boy these days.
  • Morning wake up call. Instead of the usual "It's time for Miller to wake up!" chant, we now hear "I have to pee!".
He's been potty free most mornings and even after naps. We need to transition to a big boy bed now. I am excited for this big change but I am going to miss locking him in his crib. I can only imagine the frequent visits at bedtime we are about to receive. His stall tactics care becoming quite ellaborate.

Side bar...when I cleaned his room this weekend I was thinking about how my little baby had grown up and it was time to decorate in a big boy theme. He made my entire weekend when he came in his room to get something and told me "Mom, it looks nice." I asked Ryan later and he said he didn't prompt him to say it. Even if he would have, it made my weekend. Those are the moments that erase his sassy toddler tantrums.

1 Comments:

At 12:17 PM , Blogger Jess said...

The "spaceship" comparison is cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home