Monday, March 21, 2011

Off to Tulsa

I am off to Tulsa today for work. Luckily, it's a short trip. I fly out this afternoon and come back Wednesday afternoon. I mentioned earlier my clothing dilema. As an update, I went with full blown preggo clothes (pants and shirts). I figured they were more comfortable for traveling and right now, they are new compared to the same 3 tops I have been alternating when I have to be seen in public.

What I failed to mention is the suitcase situation. When I make these short trips, I can pack really lightly BUT even with the bare minimum, it's a very tight squeeze into a backpack (and it means leaving some beloved items at home and hoping I don't spill on anything), or it's a suitcase that is too big to carry-on and not worth checking. Part of my anxiety is the carry-on situation. I already have a purse and laptop. Taking the backpack, I feel fairly confident I can wedge it into the overhead compartment. The carry-on would fit but since I travel last minute and have crappy seats, the overheads are usually full and I HATE the people who refuse to listen to the airlines when they start saying the plane is full and to check the luggage. I also hate having to lift the thing over my head and hope I don't drop it or smack anyone on the way up or down.

I looked into a smaller laptop/roller bag this weekend. They aren't condusive for a lady traveler in my opinion. There is no way you can roll up some clothes, add in some toiletries, and even consider a pair of shoes. Which...I just remembered, I forgot pjs. Dangit! With the pregnancy, that's added in a whole new level of snacks. I have to pack some food for in the hotel room.

I may go switch from my backpack to the carry-on and check a bag. This trying to be a light packer is making me tired.

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Hopefully you got it all packed up! Have a good trip.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home