Thursday, March 10, 2011

Potty Training

Miller is doing pretty good with his potty training. He came home from school yesterday with a positive report. I met him at the door and was excited to praise him. Ryan and I quickly discovered that having someone ask you every 15 minutes if you have to go potty must have worn the little guy out. He was crabby and over being asked the question. In fact, he even said "quit asking me questions."

Within a few minutes he asked if he could put on a diaper. We knew it meant he wanted to poo but didn't want to go it in the potty. We said ok and told him to tell us. We could still try. Well, within 5 minutes of putting the diaper on, he pooped. I think he had had enough. *I did find out from a lady at work that her son did the same thing! She thought he was weird and was happy to hear another kid asks for a diaper to poop in.

Today, in my spacecadet brain, I forgot to put a pullup on Miller before I sent him to school. He was in a pair of underwear. I am secretly hoping one poop in his underwear will get him over the hurdle. It may backfire on me but who knows. I am excited to hear today's report. Hopefully he has another successful day. Then we can move on to getting him big boy furnture and the changing station can move to the baby room. Yay!

I am going to miss my Miller baby but it is so fun having him be a kid. Now, if only this little alien inside of me would finish brewing, birth itself, and fast forward to a 3 year old I would be in heaven. Somehow, I just prefer interacting with a little human over the blob that leaks from both ends. I am so maternal :) Remind me of this post when I whine that my baby is no longer a baby.

2 Comments:

At 11:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Potty training is so hard. One day they do great and the next not so much. Our neighbor kid did the same thing with the poop and pull up but she is also fighting constipation on top of things. Erika used to quickly pee in her pull up in the AM until I realized her trick and stoped putting her in pull ups at night.

You'll hopefully have a few months of no diapers and oh what a joy more diapers ;)
Sheryl

 
At 7:26 AM , Blogger Jess said...

For the most part, it sounds as though he's getting the hang of it. It'll be nice to have a few month repreive from diapers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home