Monday, March 14, 2011

The Streak Continues

Miller has been doing an excellent job with his potty training. He is averaging maybe one accident a day which is pretty darn good if you ask me. We have even tested him out in public (dinner, race track, friend's house, etc.).

Yesterday he stopped playing in the pool to tell me he had to go the bathroom. I rushed him inside (didn't have a towel). I got him stripped down with a puddle of pool water at his feet. He did his business like a big boy. As we were cleaning him up, we had him face the toilet to get a good wipe. The puddle on the floor was too much and his feet went out behind him and he smacked his chin on the toilet seat. Ryan and I thought for sure he bit his tongue and there would be blood. Luckily, just a scratch on his throat and a few tears. The pain was quickly forgotten once back outside to play. What a trooper.

He enjoyed playing in with his friends and was a wild man for hours. He ate a super sized supper and topped it off with the tiniest ice cream cone I have ever seen. So cute. He managed to stay awake on the ride home and went to bed fairly quickly.

At 3:30 we awoke to him screaming. Thinking it was a nightmare, Ryan went in to calm him down. Nope, it was our first puke incident. That poor kid puked on everything! Ryan cleaned Miller up while I cleaned up the bed and tossed all his pillows and stuffed animals in the wash. He was very upset he was in trouble and scared about the whole ordeal. We got him back in a clean bed with some other stuffed animals and back to sleep he went. He was fever free last night/this morning. I don't think it was a concussion from his fall. I think it was too much fun in the sun and food (and pool water-kiddie splash pool-no chlorine). I am sure he will tell some wild stories at daycare today. I wonder which parts will be true.

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Probably was just a combo of sun/fun/and food, especially if he didn't have a fever or feel sick this morning. Still, poor guy. It's gotta be so disconcerting for little kids to vomit.

 
At 6:43 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Poor little guy! It does sound like too much sun, pool time, and yummy treats, especially if there was a lot of water swallowed.

 
At 3:20 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I almost puked on Sunday night too but that was the result of a couple of very strong margaritas! Again, sorry to hear the little man was sick. There's nothing worse than vomit in my book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home