Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week 15

I broke down and wore my "early" preggo pants to work today. They aren't real maternity pants with an elastic band but are normal pants with some extra stretch on the sides. If my blog accurately depicted things with Miller, this is the same time I wore preggo shirts over my pants with hair ties holding them together. Sounds like it's an even match so far.

Next week I have to travel for work. I am already stressing over what to wear. I have an outfit for the day we meet with our client but for my two travel days...I really don't have much. I can't decide if I should break out the full time maternity clothes or still try to make an outfit out of normal clothes. I am going for comfort so I have a feeling that will determine what I wear more than anything else.

This is the part of pregnancy that is annoying. You start to show but not enough that you have a cute bump. It's more like an unflattering bloatedness topped with things shifting. Oh well, I am sure a week or two from now I will skip the cute bump and go straight to preggo whale.(at least I have clothes for that!)

One last note. In general, I am starting to feel better. I think the drugs got me through the roughest patch and I was able to get some nourishment and rest in. I still have boughts with nausea daily but nothing like 1-2 weeks ago. I hope this is a sign that I am headed into the trimester of feeling good.

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Somewhere between 13-16 weeks is when I too struggled with what to wear to work. I was especially conscious of it then because it was the end of last semester, and I didn't necessarily want what I was wearing to broadcast that I was pregnant -- yet,t he normal stuff just didn't fit. do you have a Be Band? That extends the life of regular pants by a few weeks, and is way better than the hair-tie approach ;)

It does get better, clothes-wise, once you get to 20-22 weeks and you're clearly showing. Plus, the maternity clothes seem cute then. I'm at a stage right now where I'm having to transition to the "later" stage preggo stuff, and I feel like I'm rotating about 4 or 5 of the same outfits. Yet, I'm too cheap to buy anymore. Students are gonna have to get used to seeing me in those same 4-5 outfits!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home