Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Drugs

I decided to ask for help regarding my nausea at today's doctor appointment. I have been debating on this topic for weeks but after a very upsetting "run from the dinner table" episode last evening which then left me feeling so drained and depressed that all I wanted to do was go to bed so I could escape the feeling and hunger, enough was enough. I told my doctor as the tears welled up and she said my goodness, of course you can have a presciption. The side effect is drowsiness. Hell, I try to go to bed as early as possible to avoid the icky feeling. So if I have to continue with an 8pm bedtime, so be it. As long as I can function and stay hydrated, it works for me.

I left the dr.'s appointment feeling relieved. I don't want to have to take the pills but if I can get a few days of fuel in me and start to feel better, that's what I am going to have to do. I stopped at Walgreen's on the way to work to get my presciption filled. I waited forever for the pharmacist to wait on me. He needed a bell. I said "good morning, excuse me, hello" multiple times but was not heard or acknowledged. After a good 5-10 minute wait, he finally waited on me. I was going to wait for him to fill it but he said it would be 20-30 minutes. I opted to leave since he now had 3 people behind me in line. I wasn't a mile down the road when he texted it was filled. I didn't turn around. I just knew that it would be another long wait to get it and pay for it. I will stop on my way home.

Still feeling good about my decision I decided I was going to try to get some food in me. Breakfast is normally a small bowl of cereal and it had worn off while at the doctor's office. I thought an OJ from McD's and a sandwich sounded kinda good. I swung through and decided I really wanted a sausage, egg, cheese BAGEL. Normally I get the english muffin but the bagel sounded extremely good. The stars were aligned against me. I ordered and the guy asked me to repeat it again and again. He asked me if it was a #4 (biscuit) and I said no. I then thought telling him a #13 with sausage instead of bacon would make it easier on him. He didn't get it and repeated back an order that had pancakes in it. I said it one more time. He still didn't get it. Finally I said something along the lines of I will just get a #2 with OJ, no coffee. He repeated it back to me and asked which size coffe I wanted. ARGH! I ended up with a sausage, egg, and cheese english muffin and an OJ. It worked but I really wanted the bagel. The kicker is I have ordered this from that McD's before. It wasn't something they don't offer.

Once I got to work, I received a very positive note one of my co-workers father made it through brain surgery and was doing well. Then I had a co-worker bring me some soup to try. Those two things really put my frustration over a stupid McD's order back in perspective. I have so much to be thankful for. Hopefully I am singing the praises of my new drug and getting the energy and attitude back that has been missing for too long.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Both McDonald's and Walgreens employ mostly braindead people. I love an iced coffee and a McGriddle from Mickey D's, but it's almost never worth it because the employees are so useless.

Hope you got the prescription and that it's helping already.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home