Thursday, January 14, 2010

Good and Bad

The good news of the day is that my gift card from my in-laws that was in the wallet that was stolen had not been used and my father in-law was able to get it re-issued since it was stolen. Yay! I am so happy. The main reason is I felt horrible that they gave me a gift and it was stolen. Talk about crappy for them. Of course I am excited to buy something with it (which might be our new camera) but knowing that it wasn't a total waste on a hoodlum makes me feel good.

But in sticking with this crappy new year luck we have had; I came home to hear Ryan say "look at the window." Yep, our main picture window has a giant crack across it. It appears to be a stress crack and not from the robbery since it's a straight crack without a point of impact from an object. Oh, it gets better. The company we bought it from is out of business and of course, even if it was under warranty (which it isn't) they wouldn't have been around to replace it. Let's hope replacing that glass is cheap because I am feeling a little poor right now.

I am also holding out for our checks and new check cards to arrive. I got my personal one for my bank yesterday. I would love to be able to pay some bills on time and not receive a late fee from all this other crap that's going on. I hear you saying "pay it online" which I would be we don't have our account numbers yet. What a pain in the rump.I hope our luck turns around soon.

4 Comments:

At 8:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying your year will get better. maybe you are getting all the bad stuff out of the way at the beginning...
Not to sound trite but I am thankful it has been just material losses.
I'm glad Marshall could work the magic and get your gift card back.
Coyote Mama

 
At 8:29 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I agree. We are thankful too that it was just material stuff.

Marshall worked some good magic. That's an awesome surprise. Thank you!

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Jess said...

That's great that you were able to get a new gift card!

Sucks about the window, though.

 
At 2:10 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Why is it when it rains it pours!
Maybe the rest of the year will be pure magic! I hope so.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home