Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Day at Work

I won't complain about how silly it was for me to have to work today because everyone already knows. The positives for the day:

  • Inbox: 10 emails where 5, yes 5, were training related.
  • Task list: out of 15+ items, I accomplished 12 and some that weren't on the list.
  • Lunch: ordered from a nice little place around the corner that makes homemade focacia (spelling?) bread. It's always a treat (they have no eat in spot and delivery normally takes FOREVER so I hardly ever order from them).
  • Departure: I left at 3:30 and said you can call if you need me but more than likely I won't be able to help you (hint hint, don't call). No one called and the only escalation came in after 6pm.
  • Miller time: I got in a few chores while Miller took a second nap (Ryan said his first one was short) and then we played outside. While Ryan finished up cooking, we rocked out to his banjo and guitar he got for Xmas. We capped off the night with a sparkler and now he's down and I am going to enjoy my evening (what's left of it).
Not how I wanted a three day weekend to turn into a two day weekend and a full work week but at least I was productive. My guess is by tomorrow afternoon I will be back up to 100+ emails since I am in back to back meetings from now until November it seems.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Well, it's good that you got lots done and were able to come home early. Still sucks that you had to go in in the first place.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home