Sunday, November 09, 2008

Weekend Forecast

Saturday I cleaned up the house and finished all but one load of laundry. I managed to get a haircut, a new pair of black boots (mine pooped the bed), and stopped at the mall to pick up a few things. I also started looking around for birthday and Christmas ideas. The intent was to look for friends and family but the reality is I started finding things I wanted for myself.

Ryan escaped earlier in the day and found us a Wii Fit! Yippeee! I can't wait to start again. He had to get out and do a little retail therapy. He even came home with Chipotle. He must have been sick of sitting in the house.

We went out with the Malecha's for dinner last night. Miller was a great baby. I always get a little nervous going out to eat with him because let's face it, I like to eat. The idea of having to pack up my food in a to-go box because he was fussing wouldn't make a happy mom. Ryan and I vowed that we would not be that family that sat through dinner with a screaming kid. So far, Miller has not given us any trouble. Keep your fingers crossed it stays that way. We also play the safe card by trying to go to eat early, picking a time when Miller isn't quite hungry, and within a relatively close distance to home.

Afterwards we played a little rock band. Jess and I got the new dual microphone splitter thing so we can both "sing" at the same time. I put "sing" in quotes because neither of us have heavenly voices. That's ok. We both know it, try our best, and have fun doing it. I swear I sound better in the car when I sing alone! I think the memorable quote last night from me was "I don't need a shot to warm up this voice." That's the same approach I take to bowling and look at me, I am a bowling god (ha ha! Tons of sarcasm implied because I suck at bowling).

Today I wanted to attack my plants outside but I think I will wait until my parents come next weekend. I am going to read some of the books I have piling up on my nightstand and some magazines. It looks nice out so I may just have to do my reading on the porch.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Miller was an excellent baby at the restaurant, and he was especially happy to get to sit on the table after we were done eating. He better appreciate that while he can because in a few years, it will be socially unacceptable to do the same!

The dual mike was super cool last night! No more of this taking turns crap, we can all play at once! And whatcha mean I don't have the voice of an angel? LOL

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. It's nice to get out and have fun once in awhile.

Enjoy the Wii Fit-I hear there's some hula hooping involved, too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home