Monday, November 03, 2008

Was it a Sign?

This morning, I thought I would stop and get an iced coffee from Starbucks. Then I thought, no, you don't need one. So I drove past Commercial on my normal path to work. At about McNab and Pine Island I decided if the line wasn't too long I would stop at Dunkin Donuts for one. I moved over to the right hand lane and spotted a bus ahead of me. Of course it stopped less than two car lengths in front of the Dunkin Donut entrance but I figured I was patient, no need to swerve out and back in. I sat for 2-3 minutes and looked around. What the heck is taking the bus so long? Did it break down? Nope-running down across the Walgreen's parking lot were three people. It was nice of the bus to wait for them but made me and about 4 other cars very impatient. Finally we all decided to move around the bus because the one lady was pushing a stroller and she wasn't going to get on the bus for another couple minutes.

Before I turned into Dunkin Donuts I checked out the drive through lane. It was blocked by a dumpster and the store was closed. Go figure. I have never stopped there and pass it every morning. There is always a line-somedays longer than others. So, I decided I would keep my eyes peeled for another one on the left hand side of the road. When I got to that one, I decided the u-turns and stop lights weren't worth the hassle. I would go without.

When I got to work, it was still a craving eating at me so I walked over to the cafeteria and paid for an overpriced Frapacino. It was good but now I have a tummy ache. Guess it was a sign I should have paid attention to. From now on, I will stick with Dt. Cokes for caffeine in the morning.

1 Comments:

At 10:05 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I don't know how you could drink a Dt Coke first thing in the morning. Too sweet for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home