Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Optimism

When I returned to work after maternity leave, I was optimistic things would be better than before I left. Nope. Each week progressively gets worse and I keep thinking it has to get better. Nope. I am seriously wondering how to continue to enjoy work and not get beaten down by the insanity. I have been working 7:15 to 5:30 or 6 most days. I work through my lunch hour and sometimes put in a couple more hours at home. I can't get out from underneath some stuff. I just keep thinking if I could get a couple items where I want them to be, maybe I will feel better. I think this would require working a full weekend or more and I honestly don't have it in me.

Positive thinking isn't working. Complaining isn't working. My proactive plans aren't working. Life's a bitch.

4 Comments:

At 9:17 PM , Blogger Jess said...

It would be one thing if you were deriving some sort of meaning or significance from such long days and hard work, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So, at this point, it seems clear that you have to evaluate how badly you want to remain there. I know you were looking into something else, but perhaps it's time to widen that search somehow.

 
At 10:09 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

I agree. That place pretty much makes you miserable. You'd probably still be miserable someplace else (like the rest of us) but at least maybe for less hours!

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I also agree...life is too short. The job is NOT getting better, clearly a change of career should be in your future.

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Work freaking sucks doesn't it? Why did we choose careers that would drive us crazy?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home