Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Parent's Night Out - Redo?

Ryan mentioned daycare is offering a parent's night out again this Friday. The last experience wasn't so grand so I am a little hesitant to spend the money for extra daycare to go to dinner and a movie when I could bring Miller home, put him to bed, order in and rent a movie. I think I will wait until the next round when Ryan is mobile. I am too exhausted to think about going out after a long-ass week of work. I wish it were Friday.

Also, is it odd that I pay for daycare and yet they want me to do fundraisers for it? I know they purchase supplies for learning activities and they do run more classroom oriented options than a normal daycare but my kid's 5 months old. How many new toys and art supplies does he need in his classroom? Granted, I know he will use them in the future but seriously? Doesn't my tuition cover this?

So, if anyone wants to buy a magazine, purchase cookies, or give a donation...let me know. I feel like I need to do something even if it's a small amount. I am not going door to door. For all of our friends and family-suck it up. This kid has years worth of fundraisers he will be approaching you with. Decide what your annual contribution will be and we will only ask once :)

3 Comments:

At 9:22 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Can't we just wait until he's a boy scout or something?

 
At 9:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The day cares here also do fundraisers at least 2x a year. Be happy if you only have to do it one time - but don't count on it.
Are these fundraisers on the computer so we can see what you have to peddle? Erik can probably give you some tips since he was darn good at getting people to buy things from him.
Coyote Mama

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Froyd said...

years worth of fundraisers which I will not purchase from.

I'm teaching young miller a valuable lesson about how you can't sell stuff to people without money...or people without empathy.

We'll know he's learned his lesson once he figures out which one I am. On that day, I will buy him a candy bar that is the same thing that he's selling, but from a grocery store, in front of him, for much much cheaper.

I do this only because I know how important young Miller's education is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home