Friday, October 24, 2008

Superwife

I have elevated my supermom status to include superwife. Ryan had his knee surgery yesterday and I remained pretty darn calm throughout the day. The doctor said he's going to be on crutches for a month. That pretty much set me in a tizzy. I knew it would be at least a week or two but four weeks! Yikes.

So, we went to bed last night and I couldn't fall asleep. I had 3 Dt. Cokes yesterday, Ryan's knee machine was making noise, and between Ryan and Annie I had no room on the bed. I was thinking about how to get him and Miller to work every morning, picking them up, Ryan having to hobble through the halls at work (I swear it's a half mile from the door to their office), etc. I toughed it out until 1 when his snoring woke me back up. Then I tossed and turned until 2 something and headed to the couch. At 4 I got up and refilled his machine with ice and more water. I was going to do it at 2 but I was so tired I just didn't have it in me. Then I was worried about not waking up for work so I tossed some more and woke up 10 minutes before my alarm. 5:30 rolled around way too quickly and I think I am sleep typing. I actually looked forward to my drive to work because I could "relax."

Work is crazy busy and I just want to take a nap. Something tells me it is going to be a rough day. Thank goodness it's Friday. I have jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, and tennis shoes on. At least the comfortable clothing option is on my side today.

6 Comments:

At 8:28 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Try to settle down (you're gonna barf all over yourself), you don't have to do it all alone. We can all help with the transportation thing.

And as for him hobbling through the halls of Motorola, you'll just have to get him a motorized scooter!

 
At 8:37 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Or Annie can go with him to work and pull him! ;)

 
At 10:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For cryin' in the night....have his Latin Lover pick his ass up and drop him off. They're attached at the hip anyway.

 
At 11:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really wish i could of gotten to know you, jess! you are a trip! and i concure, have all the friends help out and give yourself a break. drink a glass (or two or three) of wine tonight. that will surely get things off your mind and help you sleep.

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Wanted to bring you dinner one night this week but Jon said Ryan's folks were down to help. So when they go I will bring dinner down for you guys one evening. I will touch base with you next week to line it up. In the meantime remember everything doesn't have to be perfect.

 
At 2:02 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Yeah, I think you've got enough on your plate right now. Hope you are getting some help with Ryan's parents being down for a visit...I'm sure they are helping out lots with Miller.

Hope you had a good weekend and got to relax a little bit here and there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home