Monday, October 27, 2008

Car Trouble

When Ryan went hunting I decided to drop my car off at the dealer. It had not started for me a couple times and I was worried about getting stranded with Miller. They had it for a week and couldn't find anything wrong with it. It still cost me several hundred dollars to have a few maintenance items done but I figured I would make those and drive it for another 6 months to a year. Then, I decided if I am going to drive it that long, I should put some new tires on it. Then today, just when I thought it was behaving, I got the call.

Ryan's parents, brother, and Miller had met Ryan for lunch and the car wouldn't start. Talk about a pain the butt and the pocket book. I felt bad that it happened to them but at the same time, we were lucky they were around to help out. Ryan called a tow truck for me and I left work to pick everyone up. The car is fixed and hopefully nothing else goes wrong with it. I know it still is cheaper to do the repairs than to start having car payments but man...talk about frustrating. Now the itch for a new car is really underway.

6 Comments:

At 8:33 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Oh so sorry about the car trouble I hate that...

 
At 9:09 PM , Blogger Jess said...

With the money you've spent on that car in the past 2 weeks, you could've made a significant down payment on something new. That's not what you want to hear, is it?

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

It was a pain in the ass for sure, but at least my folks were down to help out. This whole month of October has been a large pain in the ass, especially for Erin. Since she doesn't ever follow through to the actual planning stage and get something done someone needs to suggest a vacation for her and her friends to go on. All expenses paid for her, but she needs someone to go with.

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Ryan: Throw in "all expenses paid for her friend" and you've got a deal!

 
At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you say Mini Van?
Serious now that Miller has arrived and you see what it is like to transport his gear a mini van is looking good. Just wait until you acutally go some where for more then a day.

My mini van is a huge hit when driving the drunks around. They say Door Open and the door opens. They LOVE that.
Sheryl

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Car trouble sucks. I agree with Ryan..a vacation sounds like a good idea. A nice long weekend somewhere perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home