Monday, September 08, 2008

Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed is what I now feel at work. I could easily work all night and all weekend and still not be remotely close to being caught up. I am treading water and putting out fires. I miss working but had hoped things would be better or at least the same as when I left for maternity leave, not worse. I am short staffed and have been tasked with huge responsibilities. I logged on tonight to do a few things but after an hour (almost 2 hours) of work decided to pack it in and have a few beers.

Thank goodness I have Miller to come home to. Otherwise I would sleep at work and be unhappy. It is nice to come home to a smiling baby (most of the time, sometimes he's a cry baby). Don't get me wrong, I love to come home to my hubby and pets but Miller is such a new twist on happiness. I am so happy I have such a good family. I know that's a little sappy but man, I love them all.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

Mr. Chubby Baby Legs certainly is a joy!

 
At 8:31 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I'm sure you're still getting caught up on 3 months worth of work, so I can only imagine how busy you must be! Hang in there; you'll have to get caught up at some point, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home