Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pearly Whites

I just got back from the dentist and my pearly whites checked out with a clean bill of health. The hygenist was super friendly and good with Miller (he was a little talkative, fussy, sleepy, so he needed some encouragement to be good while her hands were in my mouth). Two things I ponder after every visit.

1) How bad are other people's teeth? They constantly praise me and tell me I have wonderful teeth. I don't take "that" good of care of them. I brush 1 to 2 times a day and floss when I remember or have something stuck in my teeth. I don't even brush for the recommended amount of time. I hope Miller inherits my good teeth genes.

2) My records state I knocked my front tooth out back in 7th grade and that I have not had a root canal. I have been going to this same dentist office for 7 years now and I get the question every time. Then I have a moment of self doubt and can't wait to look in the mirror to see if it has changed color from the last time I brushed my teeth. I think they are hoping I decide to get a root canal since they haven't been able to squeeze any cavity fillings out of me.

Just a couple more hours until we head to the Hard Rock to see Stone Temple Pilots. I read a few reviews online today and almost all had positive things to say. I don't have super high hopes since Scott Weiland could be severly hopped up on cocaine or heroin but I expect a decent show. I know I will be hoarse tomorrow after singing my heart out tonight. I almost started playing the cds to brush up on lyrics but decided not too. Some things you just don't forget from your high school days!

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I know it's cause I'm old but who the heck are the Stone Temple Pilots never heard of them.

My husband has those great teeth too and Shannon inherited those enamel genes. Hope mbp has them too.

 
At 8:44 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Yeah, they love my teeth. I've never had a cavity (baby or adult) so they treat me like a superstar too.

Maybe they do this to all people so we feel special and will come back? Also, people with "bad teeth" are probably the ones not going to the dentist!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home