Saturday, August 30, 2008

Grassball

Two nights ago, Annie had an upset tummy and was outside eating grass like a goat. We yelled at her a few times and made her come inside. Usually large consumptions of grass result in a middle of the night yacking session. She didn't yack that night so we thought nothing of it.

Yesterday, I forgot to shut the door to the bedroom when I left for work and she made herself at home, like usual, on the bed. As I was getting ready to slip into bed last night I see this long tube like thing on the bed. You guessed it, a grassball. This thing was huge compared to Jazzy's hairballs (and no they are not ball like, they should name them tubes). Ryan grabbed some paper towels and picked it up. I proceeded to slip into bed and realized there was a lot of liquid that must have come up with it. The bedspread, blanket, sheet, and mattress pad were soaked. It was 10pm and we were tired so instead of sleeping in the wet spot, we moved to the guest bedroom.

I have wondered many times why we don't end up on that bed when one of us decides to sleep on the couch (usually we wake up hot and one of us moves out because Annie is hogging the bed, radiating heat, and won't move for anything). I would like to have said I slept well but I woke up at 2am and puked. Not quite sure what brought that on but my tummy was all rumbly. I think it's what I ate because I had only had 3 beers at happy hour and ate supper after that. We had a pizza from the Target deli that tasted great but I thought it was a little raw. Ryan wasn't bothered by it so who knows.

Today the little one woke up at 6 and was wide awake so we decided to both get up. I can't wait until he's a little older and we tell him he can't get out of bed until at least 7am on the weekend. Now, only if we could teach Annie that too...

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

I told you not eat so much grass.

 
At 6:11 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Angel ate grass at Shannon's a couple weeks ago and oh my gosh I have been keeping her away from grass ever since! One of my past dogs when he couldn't get out to eat grass at my entire bathroom rug...that was a mess the likes you have never seen...

Hope Annie and you are feeling good now...

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Jess said...

When Scooter eats grass, he pukes about 30 seconds later. He doesn't hold back.

Maybe you puked because it was so HOT in that guest bedroom!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home