Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lost and Found (and Daycare Update)

Let me start with "lost and found" and then I will give the daycare recap.

A few months ago, I noticed we were missing a fork. Ryan swears I lost it at work. I swear he lost it at work OR we lost it during a party. After Miller was born, we were down to 5 big forks. Now, I remember being short one but not 3! Where did they go? Ryan again accused me of losing them at work. If that were the case, we would be missing spoons and knives too so I cried "false." Well, today I grabbed my lunch bag to pack up my grub and low and behold, there are 2 forks and one spoon! They weren't technically at work but I can't believe I never emptied my work lunch bucket out. I guess I planned on going back to work before labor struck (they were unused...not full of food, that would be disgusting).

Onto the daycare summary. Yesterday I started crying around 3pm and cried off and on until I went to bed. This morning I woke up and was sad but doing ok. Ryan got Miller all ready for "school" while I was getting ready for work. We took first day of school pictures and off they went. I thought I would lose it on the way to work but I didn't. I would get a little sad but tried not to think about it. I also refrained from calling Ryan but did check in with him after he visited Miller at lunch time.

Miller did well (like they would tell us if he cried all day). He didn't get changed as often as he gets changed at home so maybe our diaper bill will go down! He was very excited when I got home tonight. In fact, I think I kept him up too long and made him cranky. He was all smiles and giggles so I couldn't help but love him up.

As far as returning to work, it was bitter sweet. I was very excited to go back to work. No matter how much I complain about how stupid that place is, I love to work and the challenge of dealing with morons keeps me going. I arrived to an office decorated in "Welcome Back Erin" signs (I found 15 of them...), two different types of pictures with me photoshopped into them, banners, streamers, and hidden signs all over the place. I spent the first hour picking the signs up and cleaning my desk off.

Someone stole my power cord to my docking station which ticked me off. I had to order a new one today which will take much longer than it needs to. That kinda blows. I walked into a flurry of items that have been waiting for my return. Part of me feels good that they depend on me so much but on the other hand it frustrates the crap out of me that for 3 months, nothing was accomplished.

The day was topped off by random people dropping by to give me a hug and welcome me back. I knew I was well liked at work but this still was a little surprising. I didn't realize I worked with so many people that truly appreciate my witchiness. Ryan should count himself lucky to be married to me :)

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM , Blogger Jess said...

That's nice that everyone at work was appreciative of your return!

 
At 5:42 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

So glad you and Miller did well with the first day of school. It is nice to realize how appreciated we are at work, even when surrounded by morons!

So, how long before Ryan lets you live down the missing forks? :)

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

If only you could have found my missing fiestaware forks and fish appetizer fork in that bag too...

Glad to hear you were welcomed back in style!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home