Friday, August 22, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

This morning Miller and I went to daycare. I sat with the ladies for about 1.5 hours. Miller got to meet the other kids and teachers. His classmates are almost all boys. There was only one girl there and she is older (well, they only go up to 12 months...so not too much older). He saw John Jr. and even had "boppy time" with him on the floor.

I got most of my questions answered and on Monday I go back to label all his bottles and set up his station and crib. He hasn't had a mobile but I am thinking about getting him one. I also need to find a second blue dog toy like the one he has at home so he can take it with him. He loves "Blue." I was just thinking to myself how little "emergency" shopping trips I have had to make over the past few weeks. Looks like tomorrow will be a whirlwind of getting all his stuff together and ready to go for Monday.

Personally, I did much better today than I thought I would. I was a mess last night. I am so attached to the little bugger I can't stand to think of being away from him all day. I have a hard time going for a few hours at night when he is at home with Dad. He will do well there and I know in my head it is the best thing for him (and me).

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Is John, Jr still the same little Sumo baby from earlier this summer?

Good luck with the last minute preparation and shopping. As with most things we dislike, the anticipation of it is probably worse than the actual outcome. Miller will be fine; you'll be fine; there will probably be very little barfing :)

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I am so glad it went well! I knew Miller would be good but I was worried how Mom would cope.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I bet the whole idea is pretty tough but you will get through it. I'm sure he will do great in day care and Dad can always head down there for a visit. Give it a couple of days and you'll feel much better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home