Wednesday, August 20, 2008

STP Recap

Here are the highlights of the night.

1) Dinner: Good. We ate Mexican, what can I say?
2) Opening Band: Good BUT they never told us who they were. All I know from the scuttle in the bathroom is they have the words black and motorcycle in a way too long name for a band with only 3 members. They rocked and I would definitely purchase their cd.
3) STP: Excellent. They played all the great tunes and had decent sound. Scott Weiland should stick to singing and dancing like a freak-no narration.
4) The Crowd: this will take more than one bullet point.
-In front of us: dork in his mid to upper 40's wearing his backpack on his stomach. He didn't see the concert because he was too busy snapping pictures with his camera and blackberry. Not once did he look up from it. We joked about the bomb in his backpack but I seriously think it was a battery supply.
-To the right of us: drunk girl (woman) passed out with severe clevage issues. Boyfriend didn't help. He kept touching her boobs with one hand and rocking out with the other. At one point he took off his shirt and I swear to god she puked in it. We saw him lead her to the bathroom, him stand in line for a beer behind us, and then no more. I tossed a piece of my receipt down her shirt. My aim was off and it landed in her neck. He actually slapped her face at one point to check on her!
-To the direct right of us: pot smokers. They not only lit up, they fricken rolled a joint or two right next to us. The zip lock opened, we commented on how it smelled like pot, looked to our right and the dude rolled it up right there in front of us. House lights on and everything. He and his buddy got too stoned to look at the boobage in front of them. I can taste the second hand smoke from them and considering I just ate a piece of pizza, 4 chicken wings and a small bowl of rice with chicken wing sauce, I would tend to say I got a slight second hand high from standing next to them!

Time to pump, dump, and go to bed. I am beat! It's hard being a rock star fan.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It was definitely a good time!

 
At 9:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're called Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and they F&^%in Rock....check out "Whatever Happened to My Rock n' Roll (punk song)"

 
At 10:22 AM , Blogger Erin said...

They did rock. They are a little on the young side for being stage performers though. Is the drummer a chic? I am going to have to download their stuff. I really liked them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home