Sunday, August 17, 2008

Giggles and Coos

Miller has been a bundle of giggles, coos, and of course, crying. His shots threw off his schedule but he's on his way back to normal. We moved him up to a larger bottle and a faster nipple today. So far, it's going ok. He has also discovered his thumbs, fingers, and fists. No favorite yet but they all end up in his mouth. He is starting to develop some personality. He is also beginning to "play" with his toys. He is definitely more fun to be around but also more work since his sleeping schedule has greatly decreased.

After Sheryl left today I picked up the house, swiffered, watered plants and did some laundry. There are plenty of last minute chores that I have put off during my leave that I need to get done before I go back to work. It's going to be a jam packed week.

The hub-bub is all about Tropical Storm Fay. Honestly, I am much less worried than in the past since we have lived through Wilma and been without power before. We made sure we had some gas for the generator (mainly to keep Miller's milk frozen...whereas before it was for lights and fans), a few jugs of water, batteries and a few food items to get us through for a couple days. Considering all gas stations are required to have generators now and that there is usually time to pick up a few last minute items before a storm hits, I am much less concerned. I truly think pregnancy and motherhood has changed my neurotic worry syndrom. I still have it but no where near what it was in the past. I could care less if we have a day off of work because I am not at work but it would be nice for Ryan to be able to hang out with Miller and I.

2 Comments:

At 9:32 AM , Blogger Jess said...

We basically did the same thing: Got some bottled water, picked up a few other staples, checked the battery situation, and I think we're good to go.

I commented to Jerry yesterday, "Maybe a tre will fall on my car!" That would be great: I could collect the insurance and then have a legit reason for buying a new car. buT i doubt that will happen -- the one time I'd be okay with it happening.

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Pregnancy has made me less paranoid and worried too - isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home