Monday, May 26, 2008

Mario Cart and the Wii

Ryan got the new Mario Cart game for the Wii today. It has the steering wheel aparatus. Let's just say, I kicked his butt! We played 8 races. I won 7/8 and honestly, had no idea what I was doing. I get so tense playing video games I was sweating and had a sore thumb from gripping the steering wheel tightly. He didn't like that I beat him so he's been "practicing" while I started a new book.

We made a run to Barnes and Noble today so I could burn some gift cards and stock up on some books for before/when the baby comes. I hate daytime tv and figure I need something to keep me entertained. I had hoped to branch out into new authors but just couldn't do it.

One, I hate shopping at B&N. The reason is it is sensory overload. The store is cluttered, there is no rhyme or reason to their displays, and it seems like each display has the same books on it as when you turn the corner to the next section. I love the layout and atmosphere of Borders so much more.

Two, I am not a good judge of books. If I haven't had someone recommend it to me with rave reviews, I tend to shy away. I hate buying books and not reading them. I feel like when I start a book, I must finish it no matter what (especially if I paid money for it). Some books sound good but then I get them home and wish I had read a chapter or two to see if I like the writer's style. Ryan is way too impatient for me to take that kind of time at the store.

The third thing is a memory thing. I do hear about some authors and even write their names down but forget them when I get to the store. Or, I find the author but not the book people told me to get. Pretty soon all I will be reading are "Golden Books" and "Mother Goose." So, if you have any must read books, shoot the name over this way.

5 Comments:

At 6:35 AM , Blogger Ryan said...

I let you win because you are preggers.

 
At 11:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baby hormones do amazing things. Don't fret Ryan, she'll be back to her incapable state in a few weeks with new baby's mama powers... like hearing babies cry from opposite corners of department stores and the ability to give spit baths! SQKR

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

We're probably two of only a few people that like Borders over B&N - but I agree with you!

 
At 7:21 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

I prefer the selection at borders over barnes/noble and it seems easier to find things.

i'm gonna have to try the mario cart racing. sounds pretty cool!

 
At 10:56 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Dr. Seuss is in your future too!

Your big day is just around the corner...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home