Sunday, March 23, 2008

Maternity Clothes and Bra Shopping

Ryan, Annie, and I headed up to my parents for Easter weekend. We got up super early to beat traffic and arrived around 10am. After a shower and some lunch, my mom and I headed out in search of some maternity clothes and a bra or two that doesn't eat my ribs raw. My barely Bs have increased to the size strippers would long to have and it isn't pleasant.

After visiting several larger clothing stores without any luck in either department; we were told, "Most women don't want maternity clothes, just buy bigger normal clothes," by a sales associate! Ummm, I am not so sure that lady has ever been pregnant. Larger normal clothes just doesn't cut it at a certain point. This was also the store where I went into the dressing room to try on some bras and came face to face with a wrinkly old lady wearing nothing but her underwear and bra standing in front of the 3 way mirrors. If you ever wondered what a prune wearing underwear looks like...I now know! I was so shocked I turned around and said "Let's go. This can wait for another day. I can't believe what I just saw!"

We finally ended up at JC Penney's (of all places) and had the best experience! I am thinking about calling or writing a letter. First, we saw a sales associate and asked about maternity clothes. She directed us to the one isle and apologized they had so little to chose from. I didn't care, anything will do. I hit the gold mine! I found some great shorts, capris, work pants, dress shirts, t-shirts, tanks, etc. To top it all off, it was all on sale! Then I headed to the lingerie section and asked a sales associate for help. I showed her my issue with a raw chest and she felt so bad for me. I think she spent over an hour helping me. I was measured, waited on, adjusted, more styles and sizes to try and finally, I ended up with two sports bras for some relief and some support (I wore one home out of the store) and another regular bra. I haven't had a shopping spree where I opened a store credit card in a while but I figured this justified the additional 10% off. Not only did I get that, they also gave me a $15 coupon that was in the paper I didn't know about. Kudos to the store and staff!

After that long day of shopping we came home to a home cooked dinner (dad made Ryan meatloaf and awesome baked potatoes). My mom and I went on a beer and movie run. We both got carded! Ummm...55 year old mom and 30 year old pregnant lady buying beer...would you card us? Didn't think so. We laughed about that and came home to watch American Gangster. Pretty good flick.

Today we are going to see if Walmart is open to purchase an outdoor game because it's so nice out. Otherwise it's to the club house for a little shuffle board (hey, they live in Florida-shuffle board capital just outside of Arizona I bet).

Annie hasn't eaten Mallory the cat and Mally hasn't swatted or clawed Annie so I think they are ok with each other.

That's all.

4 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Good to hear that you had a good shopping experience. I was gonna say that a sports bra might be the most comfortable support for those sweater bunnies.

 
At 10:16 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Sounds like you are having fun!
Also happy to hear about Penney's. We went to the Mommy store at Sawgrass mall thought we would get a jump start and check it out...yuk all the stuff was weird. Don't bother! We will check out JCP. Also good to hear they were nice! I would write...I bet they don't get to many satisfied customer letters or atleast not enough of them.

 
At 8:34 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

"Pretty good flick."

You spend too much time reading blogs.

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Figures it was a store on the west coast! Glad to hear you had success.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home