Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Doctor's Office from HELL!

Warning: Rant and Rave Post

It has been almost 3 hours and I am still livid about my doctor's visit today. First, since my experience with the office has been rather sketchy, I had prepped myself to be brave and approach the doctor about what I have been going through. I figured I have done nothing wrong, they should know about that hiccups I experience each time I am there.

Well...I didn't even get a chance. They fucked up my appointment. (I told you, I am livid still.) After every appointment, I usually confirm my next appointments and book them. They give me a card with the date, time, doctor, and office if they know it in advance. The next day, I enter them in my outlook calendar at work with the buffer time built in for driving.

Yesterday we received a voicemail reminding us of the appointment that said "tomorrow" and the office number. Today, I get there and see the sign that says only one of the doctors was seeing patients in that suite and all others are to go to the other one. I couldn't remember which doctor I was with so I asked the lady if my appt was with the doctor upstairs or downstairs. This is the lady that forgot me last time mind you. She says "nope, you're not on my list. You are scheduled for tomorrow." Anger starting to rise.

"But the message said today and so did my reminder card."

Bitch, "Well, it's definitely for tomorrow since we call two days in advance. Go downstairs, maybe they can squeeze you in today." (Ryan says they never call 2 days in advance and I don't recall that either...)

I go downstairs. (Later in the car, I contemplate why they don't have an intercom or couldn't have called downstairs for me...)

"Hi, I thought I had an appointment today but they told me it's for tomorrow. They said you could squeeze me in."

Non-bitch but not accomodating, "No, we are full."

"So, before I leave, you have no one that can see me today and I have to come back tomorrow."

"Yes."

"And you are certain I have an appointment tomorrow at 3:45."

"Yes."

ARGHH!!!!!

Fuming and on the verge of tears I drive home. I get home and check my reminder card. What does it say? Oh, not only did it have today's date, time, and office number but also it had the box checked next to Tuesday, not Wednesday!

I decide to call the office back. I feel bad for the lady that answered the phone but I said something along the lines of "I was just there and was told I had mixed up my appointment. I just wanted to let you know I did not mix it up. My card said it was for today."

Poor lady that answered the phone, "Do you know who booked your appointment?"

"No, the lady upstairs that forgot me in the waiting room last time for over 2 hours."

"Oh, I wonder if it was Larraine."

"I don't care who it was and I am sorry for taking this out on you but I am really upset and frustrated. Do I have an appointment for tomorrow because if I show up and go through this again, I am going to go nuts on someone."

"yes, you have an appointment for tomorrow."

So, tomorrow when I go back again, I am whipping my card out and going on the rampage. They should know better than to mess with a pregnant woman who is now at the stage where things are uncomfortable and I have experienced enough shit from this office. I feel bad for being bitchy to the staff but screw them. They are disorganized bitches.

5 Comments:

At 7:30 PM , Blogger Liz said...

Oh I can't wait to read your post tomorrow!!! Give them HELL!!!!

 
At 9:30 PM , Blogger Jess said...

You shouldn't feel bad. You've been treated poorly and negligently -- they deserve your wrath!

 
At 10:45 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Go get um girl! I am serious give them and the doctor an earful. And don't let anyone take that card away until you show it to your doctor!
I would think the doctors would want to know that thier staff--the people who do represent them--are not doing their job!
Can't wait to hear how it goes! Is Ryan comming along?

 
At 10:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

To bad you’re Pregnant or you could stop for a drink or 2 before hand just for that little extra boost of confidence when you give them a new one.
MN mom is right in making sure the Dr. knows. Sounds to me like that Larraine girl needs the pink slip.
Sheryl

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

destroy them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home