Sunday, March 16, 2008

Weekend Update

This weekend we did a few chores around here but overall, it was a pretty relaxing weekend. Yesterday I laid around quite a bit because I was feeling pretty exhausted and uncomfortable. Then a little after lunch I began tackling "The File Cabinet." Granted, Ryan took everything out and went through his folders first but man...I am a packrat when it comes to paystubs, bank accounts, and well, just about everything else! I have 10+ years of shredding to do so Ryan decided we will burn it in the smoker rather than have to shred for 5 minutes and let the shredded cool off and repeat 1000 times. I didn't quite finish so that's on this afternoon's list but it should go quickly.

He put together the second night stand yesterday so the guest room will be back in tip top shape once I get my sorting done. Ryan tackles some laundry and some basic cleaning yesterday. I picked up but just didn't have my normal cleaning finesse in me. Then we headed over to Pete and Amy's for a nice relaxing evening with some grilling and "bolo" or "Hillbilly horseshoes" or whatever you want to call that game they made for camping. I sucked at it but it was fun.

This morning we got up and went to get our oil changed and then dropped my car off for some deep cleaning. Crystal just got a sweet new SUV which of course, makes my new car itch even more scratchy. I looked online today at 2 or 3 models that I am interested in. Once I saw their price and their gas mileage, a $50 detail job seemed like the proper investment to keep me driving my car. Plus, gas (premium only for my Japanese car-must remember to lookout for that on all new car purchases) was down to $3.59. It was $3.71 on Friday when I came home from work. We also stopped and picked up a few groceries to get us through a few days and are already home for the afternoon.

Like I mentioned, I am going to finish sorting and filing and then either start a new book or chill in front of the tv. I should do a little work but guess what, Monday will be here soon enough.

3 Comments:

At 5:38 AM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

Ah, I have found another person who is a packrat! I, too, seem to keep receipts, credit card and bank statements way past the necessary time frame.

Glad to hear you got some relaxation in this weekend. Was good to see you on Sat, and that's quite the interesting game the guys have there. Glad no one got hurt with those things!

 
At 8:46 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

You two have really been bitten by the fix it, organize it bug! Good for you!

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger Jess said...

I have a Japanese car and I have never given it premium fuel. I have been filling it with the cheapest grade for 8 years and it runs just fine.

I think you need a weekend post that is labeled "I laid around and did nothing." Or at least pretend so the rest of us don't feel so lazy!

Yours and Ryan's posts from the weekends always begin with "We got a lot done this weekend" and usually cover such chores as re-roofing the house, painting, solving the energy crisis, and resolving the trade deficit. Seriouly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home