Saturday, March 08, 2008

Dad's Chore List

My dad drove down for a working visit on Thursday. He came to put in the floor in LBF's room. It looks great! I came home from work and it was in along with the trim boards. (Yes, I will post pictures soon. Blogger is not being friendly this morning as it wouldn't take my comments earlier on other blogs and now is being tempermental).

Yesterday I left work at 4:50 (earliest in a long time) and came home to spend some time with him. We went outside and he trimmed 9 bags worth of growth off our tree out back. I felt bad because I didn't do much other than hold the bags open and point at branches to be chopped. We did get carried away on one side but luckily it isn't the side we have to look at. You would never guess that 4 years ago, that tree was in a pot on Mark's porch or that it was horizontal after hurricane Wilma. That dang thing just keeps growing!

We had a drink after his hard work (yes, water on the rocks with a splash of lemon juice...man, I can't wait for a cold beer) and then headed out for some pizza. We were both pretty tuckered out so after dinner we watched tv for a little bit and were both asleep on the couches around 9pm. We woke up at 9:40 and headed to bed. Such a wild night.

I stayed up to finish my book to send it back to my mom so she could read it. I have to say, it had one hell of an ending and I can't tell if I am happy or not. So many questions (is it the end of this series, what did the last paragraph mean, certain characters won't know the truth...argh!) It was good but I seriously was upset and had a stomach ache trying to think it all through last night. I woke up this morning still wondering what's up. I have been reading books by this author for 4 years. I love her but wonder...what's next? Time to hit google and see what's in-store.

Anyhow, Dad loaded up the motorcycle this morning and was off. We didn't get to spend too much time together and it stunk because I couldn't really think of many things for us to do together. I would have liked to have taken the boat out but we ran out of daylight and I would have gone shooting but I have a feeling preggo's aren't supposed to target practice. Oh well. Hopefully he had fun with me and I will see him in two weeks for Easter.

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Well, you got to spend some time with him, and like you said, you'll see him again in 2 weeks.

Awesome that the floor's all done! Furniture is next!

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Crissy Rae said...

All that matters is you two got to spend some time together. That's great that the floor is in, I bet the room is coming together very nicely.

P.S. I finished "The Appeal". I won't ruin it but it was not one of my favorites, kinda disappointed. Thank goodness I had a new one to start right away after it to ease my pain :)

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Aren't dad's the best! I know he had a wonderful time helping his little girl!
Shannon said the room looked awsome before...so now, even better.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home