Sunday, March 09, 2008

LBF's Sibbling Will Be A Puppy!

Yesterday Ryan and I took a trip to Target and Babies R Us to add to our registry and order the baby furniture. Needless to say, we didn't add anything. Here's the break down as to why LBF will only have an adopted puppy as a little brother or sister. Florida's customer service sucks more than a leech.

1) The high chair: I picked out a wooden high chair (sorry kid, it looks better than all that plastic crap and for the hassle, you better love it). My mom said she would pick it up as a shower gift and has spent the last month trying to find it at Target. It's new, but no one has it in stock or online. I decided to check it out at the store where I registered and if they have it, buy it. But first, I wanted to make sure none of the other ones could replace it. (I did end up going back and getting it after a trip to BRU and finding out I hate and don't have room for all the other styles).

2) The pack and play: Either they are too fancy or too limited. Do I really need one? Maybe I will register online, Babies R Us was a zoo yesterday.

3) Stroller/carseat combo: I picked one I liked for look and ease of getting it assembled. Do I know whether it is good for kids and safe, hell no. No one is ever around to tell you anything about them. They have more bells and whistles on them than my car. I probably should research this one a little more since I will be using it much longer than all other purchases.

4) Swings and activity centers: ick! I know they should be colorful and stimulating but please, I don't want that crap all over my house. Again, more bells and whistles than a loaded Mercedes. My kid can play with colored blocks of wood. Maybe even a little lead paint to help him grow a third nipple.

5) The baby furniture saga: found what I like. Tried to order it twice now and they have some silly rule that some # of units must be in stock for them to place the order but of course, there aren't any in stock. I wasn't going to place a partial order not knowing if I couldn't get the changing table/dresser piece. Ryan and I went to another store after a pissing match in the car. We came home pissed off and didn't speak to each other all night.

This morning, he spent half an hour or more calling places in Miami (the furniture isn't sold online, we looked). He finally found one store in the heart of Miami that had the combo piece I needed. So he was off to Miami to get it this morning while I placed an order for the crib, dresser, and side rails. Here we go again...

I was on the phone the first time with them for over 25 minutes. Then they had to call me back to verify my credit card (that's what two lines are for, stupid). Then they didn't place the order for the side rails since they didn't have an order for them. The kid from the furniture department told me he told her and she would take care of it. Back on hold for another 15 minutes I went.

So, to compare baby brewing and preparation to adopting a dog...Annie's process, pick her out, give them background info, they check, they approve, you pick up dog 2-3 days later depending on if they need to spay/neutor. In that time frame, you pick up a leash, collar, some toys, a bed, and some food. Done in one trip to Petsmart! 2nd adoption for Jazzy was even quicker because we were preapproved. Now, you can't tell my LBF #2 will ever be that smooth even with the crap we already have.

3 Comments:

At 1:27 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Perhaps there is something at Petsmart that can substitute for the "pack n play" :)

Actually, I don't even know what a "pack n play" is: a collapsible playpen? Or a 8ball and a deck of cards? :)

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Supposedly it's a play pen and bed combo. I think the kid can sleep on the floor if we are at your house and he needs to take a nap. My mother swears I need one for when I visit them. If that's the case, she can buy one. :)

 
At 4:11 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Sounds like the same level of frustation/confusion I had at the Baby Expo. Who knew that babies came with more accoutrements (spelling?) that Paris Hilton?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home