Sunday, December 16, 2007

Erin Elizabeth Scrooge

That's right folks. I hate Christmas and everything about it. I think I am going to become a Jew and celebrate Hanukah. Here are today's reasons why I hate Christmas (taking out all religious aspects, strictly commercial and traditional reasons).

1) Shopping Sucks-the stores are crowded and no one is nice or helpful.
2) Buying Under Stress/timelines-every year I say I will start early or see something in July and say I will get it next month and I don't. December comes and I can't find anything I want to get people.
3) F-ing Christmas Cards-yes, I believe this is what officially set me off today. I knew my cards would be late but at least I wrote a nice letter. The f-ing printer crapped out on me and Ryan and I have spent 1 hour fighting with it. Ba-Humbug!
4) Xmas Music-thought I was able to tolerate it again after years of working retail but it still bugs the crap out of me.
5) Traditions-everyone blogged about their Xmas likes and dislikes. I was going to do the same but realized, our traditions weren't very traditional. I don't have a favorite meal or favorite tune. My only tradition is I put the tree up after Turkey Day and take it down after Xmas (give or take a week).
6) Family Memories-I do have good family memories but nothing that stands out so significantly that I would feel bad if I didn't reminice.
7) Preparations or Travel-thank god we aren't traveling this year since that adds to the stress but this year, my family is coming here. I am excited to see them but that means planning meals and getting the house ready. I am starting to panic that it will be a disaster but I know it won't.

So, maybe tomorrow when I have calmed down from the god dang mother hating printer debacle, I will post the reasons why I like Christmas.

6 Comments:

At 8:18 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Do yo need help wrapping? 'm a whiz at wrapping! But otherwise, I'm not much help.

You don't have to love Christmas but if you turn green and go to live by yourself on a mountain, then we have trouble.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Okay, my keyboard is f*d up or something because I'm typing all the letters, they're just not all coming out!

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Erin said...

I didn't list that I hate wrapping presents because that awful chore was fullfilled yesterday. That's ok, I spell checked my post but didn't save it so the typos are still there.

 
At 12:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you already hate Christmas you'll be ready to gag when you get our card! SQKR

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Everybody had bah humbug days. Considering our air conditioning crapped out on us yesterday (the day after we bought our very expensive Christmas gift to each other)...well let's just say I wasn't feeling very Christmas-y myself.

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I so understand your Bah Humbug! Me too...everything you said exactly except you were dead wrong on the Christmas music! That is if you are including Dean Martin's Christmas music!
My advice is don't put yourself into a dizzy...skip what you can and make the rest easier...it donesn't have to be perfect and exactly like everyother year...spice it up make a change, cook something easy...grill.
After all it's about family, good will and love. The rest is just crap!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home