Saturday, December 01, 2007

The Surprise

As some of you know, Ryan has been touting a big surprise for my birthday this year. I turn 30 and although I never thought much of it, it does have a little bit of a psychological effect on you. For me, I have thought this is the age you officially become an adult. In your 20's you have the college life and then start a career and marriage (well, for some of us). Now that the baby's on the way, I definitely feel 'older'. Not that it's a bad thing.

I had always hoped the MN girls and I could get together and do something fun. Michele had tried to organize a trip to Vegas for her b-day and those plans fell short. I had hoped everyone could come south and we could do a cruise (it is December and they are getting a blizzard as I type). That fell through also. I had mentioned to Ryan months ago about how all I wanted was to go home and visit my friends. He kinda poo pooed that. We didn't talk much about it and then the baby news came. He mentioned he had a surprise that he booked for me before he knew we were expecting so I wracked my brain of all the places I had wanted to go but now wouldn't be as fun (examples: cruise=no Dramamine, Napa=no wine, Amusement Park=no rides, Amsterdam=no drugs, etc.).

He told me to take 2 days off of work and he would tell me where I was going the night before. I pleaded with him to tell me in advance because I am an anal packer (takes me days to figure out what I am going to pack) and I usually want to buy myself something new to wear. So, this morning he wrapped my presents and gave me the card with my itinerary. I am going to MSP to see the girls!

I am so excited. I called Bridget right away to tell her I knew. She wouldn't tell me who or what we were going to do but that is ok. I know I will get to see everyone and it will be a blast. Don't get me wrong, I would love to celebrate with my Florida friends but I see you guys all the time (plus I know you didn't want to go ice skating again!).

Time to put up my decorations and think about venturing out of the house to the mall. I am so excited, Mon-Wed at work is going to be horrible because all I will want to do is hop on that plane.

The hubby is the master of surprises and I have to say, I am a little sad he isn't going somewhere with me since I think we need a mini vacation together but he has his man plans for when I am gone. Damn hormones. I am all teary again.

Thanks Ryan, you are the best!

4 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Yay for you! And good thing he told you today, because I was dying to know as well.

So...is he going to? I'm not clear on that. I take it, he's not, but I'm not sure if I missed something in the post

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger Ryan said...

Hells no. I would hope that you know me better than that. The last thing I would want to do is spend 4 days with a bunch of hot women, with me being the only man. I would have to miss puff-away payday, and that cannot happen.

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

awwwwww.


quick, ryan, while she's all teary, convince her that megatron is the baby's name!

 
At 3:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, I am so glad you know! 4 months is a long time to be plotting behind your back and keeping a secret!

However, there are more surprises to come and you WILL have to wait for those! I can't wait to see you! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home