Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wants versus Needs

There are a few things I want in life that I don't need. With all the Christmas talk, the one thing I want is a new Christmas tree with prelit lights. I don't need it but man, removing the hour+ process of checking lights, untangling them, putting them on the tree, adjusting them, etc. sure is enticing. On the way to work this morning, I figured I would wait until after Christmas this year and purchase a new tree once they are on sale. I figure that's a fair trade off.

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM , Blogger Jess said...

It takes an hour to untangle lights?! Do you guys just ball them into a knot the day after Christmas and call it good?

On a semi-related note: now that you have the bookcase where you usually put the tree, where will you put your tree this year?

 
At 1:23 PM , Blogger Erin said...

It is going to have to cram into the living room-part of the other reason I want a new tree. I want a skinnier one.

And the lights don't take an hour to untangle but between that, testing them, and putting them around the tree (which requires climbing on chairs and keeping Jazzy away) it takes too long.

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Do as I do...buy new lights! I don't untangle either!
How are you feeling?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home