Sunday, December 09, 2007

Return to the Warmth

I will try to keep this post brief and add more details throughout the week regarding my birthday trip north.

First, THANK YOU to the MN girls and boy (yep Stacy, you get your own shout out). The trip home was very nice and I was so happy to see everyone. It was truly the best gift I could ask for and receive.

Second, the hubby was a busy man this weekend. I don't want to steal all of his thunder so I will just say he worked some magic inside and outside the house. One of the surprises was he put in 4 new plants outside. Ryan hardly ever helps with my "gardening" so for him to do this on his own was a treat. They look great and I noticed as soon as we pulled in the driveway. I will wait until he posts about his other home improvement adventure.

Third, if you love MN winters, quit reading but if not, hear me out. I went home with the idea that yes, it will be cold but I can handle it. It was cold and I handled it but the salty cars, grey skies, and overall miserable deep freeze is depressing. The snow was pretty to see and visit but I truly could not see myself ever moving back to the frozen tundra. I did some comparisons in my mind this morning about the difference between winter up there and the hot, humid summer down here. They even out in most respects but overall, I think Florida weather wins out by a long shot. What MN does win at is the overall customer service and "pleasantness" that we call MN Nice. Sorry friends and relatives, MN will always be God's land but when I think of going to hell, it won't be hot and humid, it will be terribly cold and icy.

Tomorrow, I will post details of the trip. Thanks again to everyone for the birthday wishes.

As a belated shout out, Happy Birthday to Sean (his birthday was the day after mine).

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, it was great to see you!

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Glad you had a good trip.

Heard all about Ryan's work over the weekend, so I hope it all turned out well.

 
At 3:51 PM , Blogger Froyd said...

thanks!

 
At 2:22 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

I told you...friken freezing! I can't wait to get to warm....two more days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home