Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The BIG 3-0

That's right, Thursday I turn 30. Happy Birthday to me! I am leaving on a jet plane to cold and snowy Minneapolis and plan on returning safely to the warm state of Florida on Sunday (pending the next midwest snow storms don't strand me in the frozen northland!).

I worked like a mad woman today to make sure all my loose ends at work were tied up so I could take my time off and NOT have to worry about work. I was warned by several people including my boss to not worry about work and keep off the blackberry (which was odd since in the next sentence my boss said, well, I expect you to check periodically and respond to emergencies...should I call you if it is an emergency? My response was no, I don't answer my cell so just put the subject line as urgent and ask me to respond. Then she said, well, it should be quiet with you gone...wink wink. I said don't jinx it, you have a production push tomorrow with 3 large projects going. Friday about 4:30 should be interesting (since all of our emergencies pop up about that time)). She told me to get out of work and have a good time. Part of me wishes all hell would break loose while I am out but part of me wishes it would stay calm for everyone. I left after 7pm. So much for leaving early to get home to pack.

Anyhow, my friends at work surprised me with a cake, candles, a birthday song, and a nice card. I knew there would be cake but I didn't know they would do the whole celebration thing. It made me tear up because they signed it from my adoptive team (since I am the only one from my team in FL, I usually buddy up with the School of Business and claim them/they claim me as a team member).

One last random rambling...a lady at work noticed my belly starting to show and asked if I was pregnant! Now, I know things are moving and shifting and growing but I thought it was rather ballsie of a person who isn't that close to me to ask that. Of course, it didn't offend me but considering I just feel fat, not pregnant, it was a startling question. Not to mention my pants are actually looser than normal except across the tummy. I wonder if Ryan will notice a difference from when I leave and come back (I ask him almost daily to look at my tummy and he just says "yep, it's getting bigger").

Ok, that's all for tonight. I might blog a little tomorrow or maybe at Bridget's but otherwise, I am outta here until Sunday. Then I will post my birthday stories. Keep an eye on Ryan. He is looking forward to me leaving more than I am.

7 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Blogger MN Mom said...

Happy Birthday! Have a good time in the snow!
Also, this is completely unrelated to your birthday but I need you and Ryan to save a few pairs, like 2-3 each, of your old jeans, for me. Don't ask it's a Baby surprise. If you don't have them yet..work on buying new so you can let go of old ones. The more worn the better!
Again, Have fun. (Although how much fun can you have being a designated driver?)

 
At 9:22 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Ryan can fork over a few pairs of old jeans at the rate he ruins them at work. I am very intrigued now...denim, baby, hmmm...

 
At 10:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

One fun thing to do is measure your belly every week and write it down. Then you can see your progress in plain view.
Also - get used to people talking with you once your are really showing. They all have advice and they ALL want to touch you. I told all my close friends and co workers HANDS OFF unless I suggest you touch I'm not a petting zoo. ;) I also hear, oh twins thats going to be hard. Gee thanks like I wasn't loosing sleep over the thought already.
Sheryl

 
At 10:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and HAPPY Bday I can't wait to see you. :)

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Jess said...

Happy birthday and have an awesome trip!

 
At 11:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
See you in a few hours!

 
At 8:07 PM , Blogger Agate Lake Girl said...

Happy 3-0! Maybe we girls can do something to celebrate once you're back. Have a great time!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home