Saturday, December 01, 2007

4 Hours and Still Decorating

I recall Jess asking me how it could take so long to decorate a Christmas tree. Well, I have 30 years worth of ornaments all tucked away in their rightful homes that must be unwrapped and carefully placed. I do not linger on sentiments or read the boxes because that would double my time. I have made it through 2 bins, 1 left to go. I think I used 10 strings of lights this year and probably 5 or 6 strands of beads. I haven't even begun to put all the snow globes, wine bottle holders, or candles out. This is tough work and all I can say is thank god my mom will be here after Christmas because I want her to help pack this up. I suppose I better get back to it and put Ryan's 4 ornaments up and finish out that last bin. Poor Ryan, 4 NASCAR ornaments can't quite compete with all the skates and skaters.

This makes me ponder a thought-when the baby arrives, I can handle a couple years worth of ornaments for him/her but after that, I am going to have to get the kid his or her own Christmas tree. Where in the world will I put it? Maybe I will start with a 3 foot one in the kids room. Hmmm...maybe I will do the same with Ryan's poor ornaments. That or he has to buy me a larger house to put a second tree up in or a larger one :)

3 Comments:

At 4:16 PM , Blogger Jess said...

Jerry's parents always put up two trees: one downstairs with the family ornaments, and one upstairs with all his sister's Precious Moments ornaments. So, either two trees for you, or you will have to rotate years with certain ornaments.

 
At 5:11 PM , Blogger Erin said...

I am finished. The good news is this year we put up the nativity scene on the book shelf. In years past, there was no where to "safely" put it since Annie's tail can clear a counter in seconds.

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger MN Mom said...

You could rotate ornaments...a few of yours, Ryan's, baby's, next year a few different ones...it would be like new ornaments every year...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home